Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Beginnings

I have started my new job. It is exactly like my last job, but better. It is more organized, more reasonable. There are, of course, some of the same problems. Sales folks, you see, will always cause problems, no matter how good their intentions are. Sales folks are unavoidably everywhere. There is more structure and best of all there is backing. There is support. I already know what is expected of me. I know what my projects will be for a while. I know my responsibilities. It feels so good to know my role, instead of wandering around hoping I'm doing fine but never knowing.

MAS is the same, with slight differences. This is, I think, the idea of MAS in the first place. I'm already in love with the item codes. Folks who have never used MAS will not understand. It's probably better that you don't. Your life is most likely better than mine.

Mike and I went to a place called Pints Pub in Denver this weekend. There was beer and chips covered in gravy, cheese and curry powder. I plan on making this for myself on a regular basis. It won't be hard, but it will be tasty. We also spent time at a little brewery with Chris and Darrin then later played Simpson's Clue with Chris at her huge beautiful and empty house. I wish I could move in just to keep her company. Chris came over the next day and we played rummy and Trivial Pursuit after Kugel. Trivial Pursuit is much easier when you're drinking rum.

Where yarn is concerned I am fighting with a ball of SWTC 100% bamboo. It is cut in a thousand places, sometimes not even going an inch without being cut. I am angry, but this is what I get for buying from the orphan pile. The orphan pile has never backfired on me before. I'm blaming this one on SWTC. I need to mail Nikki her socks. I miss her.

Things are new, but old. We have started down a road I'm not sure I want to be on, but so far it isn't so bad. I hope it stays this way.

1 comment:

SagePixie said...

OH, Thank you, Thank you! I've never been mentioned like that in someones blog before.....

Thank you.

Did you see? Harlot quoted out your comment out of hundreds. So cool. hmmmm... maybe I should get out more....

Anyway, ummm.... Oh FRIES with GRAVY and BEER sounds very nice.

My guy and I often talk about heading out to Denver but dang, it's kinda cold there.

Hope your keeping warm through the winter.